Friday, February 3, 2012








I haven’t been posting much lately, but I swear I’ve been sewing most nights! 


Since Christmas, I’ve been trying to wear something handmade almost every day. In an ideal world, that would include perfectly-fitted retro dresses made by me… but in real life, it’s usually necklaces, scarves, pins, and belts! My sister and BIL had a housewarming party last weekend, so I was motivated to whip up some colourful handmade goodies for myself. The beauty of making accessories is that they only take half an hour to finish! 


The belt is black on one side, so that I can wear it with patterned dresses and tops… but the fun side is tis lovely emerald green cotton. I bought 10m (Yes, ten metres!) in Japan for $1/m, thinking we could use it for wedding decorating… so this belt barely made a dint! The necklace uses just a thin strip of lovely lightweight cotton voile, also from Japan. I have enough to make a dress out of, I think… Just not quite sure how it will look as a whole garment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment