Tuesday, February 21, 2012





Get Organised: Step 1                                                                                                     


My first step in getting organised is always to spend ages thinking about all the pretty ways I could do it! Lovely notebooks, cute apps, rainbow pens… It’s a dreamy but rather impractical approach. What I really need is something flexible, easy to access and update, and something just pretty enough that I’ll enjoy using it!                                                                                                                                              


Here’s screen cap of my current solution: Use the basic Stickies program that comes with every Mac, but use fonts to make it more fun. It’s free, and that’s good! I started with some basic goal setting, both for myself and for the blog… with a loose time frame and some measurable achievements. Next, some long-range plans… some blog post plans… and a to-do list for current projects! I’m sure I’ll tweak it as I go, but for now, it seems like a good start!                                                                                                                                              


I’m curious how other people plan their blogs… Someone like Tasia from Sewaholic.net always seems to come up with good discussion posts every month or so. Is that a fluke, or planned?                                                                                                                                              


Speaking of planning… it’s an hour before my bedtime, and I still haven’t baked a cake for my Mom’s birthday. Enough blogging - more baking! (As an added bonus, I’m hoping to watch some Downton Abbey while it’s in the oven! ;)                                                                                                                                              



No comments:

Post a Comment