Monday, April 30, 2012

Me-Made May - What have I got to wear?

Before MMM’12 starts, I thought I’d take a look at the clothes and accessories that I have to choose from this month! 


First up: Dresses


Me-Made Dresses


Blue Peony, Tropical Truffle, Denim New Look 6022, Larkspur Peony, Black Floral Peony, and self-drafted Tank Dress.


Next: Skirts


Me-Made Skirts


Colette Meringue, Gingered Truffle, a bias-cut polka dot linen skirt I made 10 years ago that needs so reworking, and a self-drafted double-knit skirt.


Shirts: aka. The many incarnations of the Sewaholic Pendrell!


Me-Made Pendrells


Japanese floral lawn, white swiss dot, navy and white polyester, and rayon challis with bow collar - all sleeveless so that they work well under cardigans in the chilly Canadian spring!


Accessories:


Me-Made Accessories


 I have waaay more options than I expected! I’d forgotten about the older me-made skirts, and I just finished the two floral Pendrells yesterday… but put altogether, it’s not a bad little wardrobe. I’m aiming for one me-made garment or accessory each day. I really think this should be fine. (I almost wonder if I should change my pledge to something harder… but no, let’s not go crazy!) Of course, only one garment is stretchy, so my goal for the month is to figure out how to sew t-shirts.


I’m really curious to see everyone get started! I’m planning to post pics everyday, but with a little twist to keep things interesting… If you are participating in Me-Made May, how are you feeling about your homemade wardrobe and the month ahead?

No comments:

Post a Comment