Saturday, May 11, 2013

MMM5-10

Wow. MMM is just rushing by this year! Thanks so much for all of your supportive comments when I was whining about job stuff in my last post - It was another rough week this week, but c’est la vie, right? I have faith that this coming week is going to be better! :)  


MMM5


MMM5: 


3/9 colours from my wardrobe colour palette.


MM: Style Arc leggings, French terry knit Scout (not-so-woven) tee, and infinity scarf.


Here I am, blatently showing off my sister’s lovely rainbow blanket to distract from a rather basic outfit… 


MMM6


MMM6


3/9 colours from my wardrobe palette


MM Alma blouse, made with reversible Japanese double gauze. Blogged here.


Can’ you believe this is my first time wearing this top? I made it last fall and it’s hung in the closet ever since. I didn’t like all the buttons and plackets and cuffs that I’d had to add after botching a neckline alteration. It’s still not my favourite, but wearing it really helped me appreciate it’s strengths: the double gauze is buttery soft and drapes beautifully over my bumps and lumps, but the darts of the Alma shape it really nicely. I think I need to give some other double gauze a go this month!


MMM7


MMM7


4/9 colours from my wardrobe palette


MM Tiramisu dress made with ITY border print fabric.


Tiramisu #5 for me! (And #9, if you include sewing for others!) I got so many compliments while wearing this dress - and not one person said, “Hey, don’t you own that dress in another colour?” Phew! 


MMM8


MMM8


3/9 colours… barely! 


MM skirt, modified from the Colette Truffle dress. 


Oh man, this one *barely* fit the colour palette challenge… and consequently it was SO HARD to make an outfit I liked around this green skirt! I bought the fabric thinking that I could pull out the pops of turquoise and coral in the print, but that wasn’t as easy as I thought. In the end I went with this 9 year old cardigan (from my bridesmaid outfit at my sister’s wedding!) and this 5 years old lace cami from Japan. End result? I felt like it was an outfit I’d have liked 5 years ago. 


Don’t worry, there is a happy ending - I gave the skirt that night to my sister, and she loves it! 


MMM9


MMM9


4/9 wardrobe palette colours.


MM sloper dress.


I love this dress! It’s made with a quilting cotton that I stashed just before leaving Japan… and it’s a gaudy, bright, rainbow! I’m such a sucker for bright colours on a dark background. 


MMM10


3/9 colours from my wardrobe palette - though you’d never know the jeans are blue from the picture!


MM Style Arc jeans and self-drafted kimono tee.


Not much to say here… I got less than .7m of this rayon knit for $3 (with printing errors), and just barely squeaked a top out of it. I love the colours, even if my camera didn’t appreciate the saturated colours! :P


********************************************


It’s occurred to me lately that 2 years ago I’d never even THINK of wearing a loose/tent-like top like a Scout tee, and now I wear them all the time! On the other hand, I’ve also realise that my wardrobe is a bit, uh, professional and demure. I don’t have ANY me-made’s that I couldn’t wear to work. I want something for a night out or a day shopping with friends… and more confusingly, I’m not really sure what I would want to wear these days to show a bit of skin. (I’m starting to look forward to my Seamless Pledge ending so I can go buy some clothes and find out!) 


Does anyone have a suggestion for a knit top that is a bit more youthful or sexy? Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment