Thursday, January 3, 2013

Top 5: Reflecting on reflections!

Top 5 of 2012


Hi everyone! I want to thank you all so much for playing along with my Top 5 of 2012 project - In the end I think about 50 people posted lists! I really enjoyed seeing people’s reflections popping up in my blog reader for the last few weeks, and most of all, I loved discovering new blogs! (If you haven’t poked through the list of participants here, you really should!) 


Before moving on to blogging about 2013 projects, I wanted to take a moment to think about what I might do differently next time. I’d love your input: If I were to propose the same project in 2013, what should we keep/change? 


  • It seems like 5 was a good number - though I was very happy to see people bending the “rules” by making longer or shorter lists!

  • Seeing the hits and misses was a really great introduction to newly-discovered blogs - I made me want to dig back to find the original posts! Likewise, it was lovely to be reminded of past projects from familiar bloggers. 

  • The reflections and goals were interesting - a good chance to think about our sewing as a whole, instead of focusing project by project. 

  • By far, the toughest post was the Inspirations - which is funny, because it was the  original motivation for the project! I wanted a chance to thank the people who helped, motivated and inspired us… but I hadn’t thought ahead to how naming some people might make us afraid of hurting others! I think this one has to change!

I’ve been wondering how to change the “Inspirational Blogs and Bloggers” post for next year… Here are a few different ideas that would accomplish the same goal of spreading the bloggy love and recommending new blogs to each other: 


  • 5 Local Bloggers: Introduce us to bloggers in your city/region/country! or 

  • Go say “Thanks!”: Instead of posting a list, go to the other people’s blogs and leave a comment saying, “Thanks for the inspiration and support!” or 

  • 5 online sewing stores/resources/communities that you love to use: I’m always looking for new online fabric stores, or the perfect tutorial for something tricky… This could be a catch-all category of good, useful stuff! or 

  • … I don’t know! Do you have any ideas? 

Help! My brain has run dry… Please let me know in the comments if you have any suggestions!


(Thanks again for joining me in these posts!)


No comments:

Post a Comment