Saturday, February 22, 2014

Sew Dolly Clackett!

One of my favourite aspects of the online sewing community is the diversity in what we choose to sew. At least half the blogs I follow are filled with things I would never sew for myself - but I’m so inspired and motivated to see other people sewing what they love! 


At the top of the pack is Dolly Clackett - aka. Roisin. She churns out super-cute fit-and-flare dresses at the speed of light, and always pairs them with the most twee and adorable shoes. Completely opposite to what I sew and wear, but damn, she makes it look FUN to get dressed! I’ve always admired that Roisin described herself and a blend between fashion blogger and sewing blogger - she is dedicated to her everyday look and she’s (rightly) proud of it! I love the colours and prints she chooses, and the fact that she might be the only person I know who sews patterns more repeatedly than I do! (Plus, you know, she used to be a teacher, so she must be cool! ;)


All of which is my way of saying: Roisin is awesome. Awesome enough to inspire Sarah, a local blogger friend of mine, to create a sewing challenge in honour of Roisin’s upcoming wedding! 


SDCLogo4b-500px


Here are the rules: 


  • The contest will run from February 23 - April 23, 2014, ending one month prior to Roisin’s wedding.  

  • Roisin will be judging all entries and picking 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. 

  • Contestants can earn extra entries sewing with her favourite patterns, but any dress pattern that emulates Roisin’s style is great. 

  • Only dresses made during the contest are eligible. 

  • The goal is to create a dress in homage to her lovely style! 

There are some great prizes: 


If you are interested in participating, check out Sarah’s Blog, Rhinestones and Telephones, for more details. I’m dying to see how people style their dresses - Does anyone have shoes to rival Roisin’s? Can they find a red door to pose in front of? Myself, I’m awfully tempted to finally buy the BHL Anna dress pattern… especially if I could make it in a knit! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment