Sunday, April 21, 2013

Me-Made May '13

Thank you all so much for your great suggestions on my Me-Made pledge!  It really helped me get inspired! I ended up deciding on a varient of the wearing-a-rainbow idea…So here’s my pledge: 


'I, Gillian from Crafting a Rainbow, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '13. I endeavour to wear me-made clothing that matches my personal colour palette for the duration of May 2013'


Colour Palette - Updated


There we go! I’ve got 11 shades to choose from… but my goal is to wear at least 2 or 3 colours a day. Even better, I’m going to challenge myself to combine colours in new-to-me ways: coral, pink, and kelly green? Monochromatic shades of turquoise? Why not? It’s time to shake things up! To that end, I’ll also be sewing some new stuff from my stash to round out the rainbow! (Pants, perhaps?) 


I’m really curious to see if these are ACTUALLY the colours that I wear! (I know I wear quite a lot of black, for example, but I don’t think it’s all that flattering on me, so I haven’t put it in the palette.) For the pledge, I figure I can still wear colours that aren’t in the palette, as long as at least part of my outfit incorporates these colours. 


I’ve got lots to work with - I counted the wintery me-mades in my closet last night, and came up with 30 things that match the palette. Plus I’ve got summer dresses put away downstairs, and some stash to sew up… Here are a few of my choices:


Putting colours into action!


The only thing I haven’t decided is how to incorporate the colour palette into my daily pics. I could get some matching big paint chips, and held them in pics (yay for something to do with my hands!), or I could edit the photos and add colour swatches. What do you think would work better? Have you decided on your own Me-Made May pledge? 

No comments:

Post a Comment