Thursday, November 10, 2011

A love letter to my craft room (and my husband!)

I’m so thrilled to finally be making myself a craft room that I just had to share! I’ve wondered about it for a while - I love getting inspiration online, but I feel like it’s time for me to give something back to the community. No matter how small or insignificant, I’d like to at least contribute a new idea or two in return for all the jo of seeing other people’s work every day!


After moving home from Japan (along with my precious Japanese crafting supplies!), I tried sewing and crafting in our bedroom for a few months… but that left me stumbling over half-finished project on the way to the closet each morning! 


To my eternal gratitude, J decided that I needed a craft room of my own. One night, he bravely shifted boxed, furniture, keepsakes and piles of junk to make a basement nest for me! About half the room is still piled high with stuff, but the other half is ready for sewing, felting, hot glueing, and whatever else strikes me! Truly, I’m so grateful to have a husband who understand the value and importance of a well-curated collection of things one loves, in a place of one’s own! Thank you, my dear!


More to follow later… Sewing, stamping on fabric, needlefelting, and lovely stacks of fabric to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment